REASONS TO SAVE
YOUR BABY’S STEM CELLS
Stem Cell storage from a newborn’s Umbilical Cord and Cord Blood is increasing among families. Banking your child’s Cord Blood Stem Cells can be valuable for the child itself, but could also be a source of transplantable Stem Cells for a family member in medical need.
Cryo-Save offers high quality family storage for the following reasons:
- Providing opportunity for autologous or allogeneic grafts.
- Autologous: Matching is guaranteed.
- Siblings could benefit from the same sample: they have a one-in-four chance of being a perfect match. For cord blood, transplants using a partially matched donor/s are often used.
- In case of related allogeneic use the rate of “Graft vs Host Diseases” is low.
- More than 70 blood related diseases and immune system disorders have been treated with allogeneic stem cell transplants.
- Stem Cells stored in private bank remains the property of the child under the guardianship of the parents.
- The sample is immediately available.
- Cryopreservation for at least 20 years.
MORE THAN 30,000
CORD BLOOD STEM CELLS TRANSPLANTATIONS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED IN THE WORLD SO FAR
Haematopoietic Stem Cells from Umbilical Cord Blood have been used, for allogeneic transplants, for more than 25 years to treat more than 70 different diseases.
Umbilical Cord Blood is becoming a preferred source of Hematopoietic Stem Cells because:
- They are Younger than any other adult Stem Cell, which means they have a better ability to multiply and specialize.
- The rate of ‘Graft vs Host Disease’ is lower. This is a complication (also called rejection) after a Stem Cell transplant.
- Their Collection is a very easy and risk-free process.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) found in Umbilical Cord Tissue are responsible for the formation of bone, cartilage and other types of connective tissue Cells in our bodies. MSCs have been involved in regenerative medicine, with the end goal to replace, repair or support regeneration of living functional Cells or tissues. Stem Cells are actively being researched for the treatment of numerous diseases, such as cerebral palsy, type 1 diabetes, brain disorders, heart conditions, auto-immune disorders, liver disorders, neurological diseases and others.
ARE TOO VALUABLE TO BE WASTED
Nowadays, an estimated 95% of Cord Blood is discarded after birth. Cryo-Save is convinced that the Cord Blood and Cord Tissue should be saved, either with a family bank or made available for public use or research. Thanks to the thoughtful parents and Cryo-Save’s high quality cryopreservation, several Stem Cells samples have been used to treat children with Aplastic Anemia, Congenital immunodeficiency, Celebral Palsy, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Medulloblastoma and Cerebral Edema.